Sunday, August 26, 2012

POST #16 -- Preposterous Personalities

Whoa!!

I've been really remiss 'bout keeping this Blog up to date.

Since my last posting...



 ... I've been to Park City for more hiking with Larry, Sheila and Sun City others.




I've been to a Dwight Yokum concert.











Courtenay River Estuary

I've been in-and-out of Tacoma again.

And I've driven across British Columbia, from Kelowna to Courtenay, on Vancouver Island.











Will I retroactively report on all these travels? 
Nope.

But I will share some highlights and some more photos.

I want to start here, Post #16, by 'bookmarking' a couple of stories for future embellishment.
The stories are about two fascinating people I met in Logan.  Truly preposterous personalities.



Story #1 is about a breakfast I shared with Michael R. Thompson, an itinerant rare books dealer with a specialty in "fine, antiquarian and scholarly books."

I'd never have guessed that you make a living doing that.  Now I know better.  Details to follow. 







Story #2 is about a chance meeting I had with Aaron L. Hammer on the grounds of Logan's Mormon Tabernacle.  Nobody calls him Aaron.  He's well known locally, and everybody calls him "Dude."

He's homeless.  Lives in an old, mud-colored Ford Econoline van.  And he's got a dual career:  hot dog salesman by day.  Treasure Hunter in his spare time.  A very accomplished & successful treasure hunter at that.  Details to follow.








To be continued...   check back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment